Friday, August 19, 2011

Bag spy #1: owls and geek chic



Hello! [crickets]. Fear not, this post has no relation to any wizards with questionable scars. As sometime blogess and aspiring doyenne of the fashion world, allow me to whet your sartorial appetite, if you will, with snap shots nf bags that have caught my eye out and about in Hong Kong/ greater China. I find that my eye tends to be drawn to very minimalist graphic shapes bag wise.




Above [note my excellent cropping skills fashpeeps] : dainty backpacks, preferably in a shade of brown, are forecasted to be huge for next season. I literally just returned from inspecting a shipment of similar styles in various designs for a client in Europe. So 90's, so chic with a dash of geek [I aspire to inhabit this motto!] I once again had to curtail a request for an extra sample. And allow me [the rare privilege?] to behave according to my Blonde hair color when I say OMG OWL ON BAG OWL ON BAG I LOVE OWL STUFF YAY! Ahem. See below:

Adding an owl to any item instantly instills it with geek chic.  And wins my stamp of approval.


Now I must go wash off my banana and olive oil hair mask.
Toodles
xxx