Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Paris

We are going to be doing a lot of walking in Paris. No problem for me! I already do a lot of walking on this metal beast. I have a daily goal of walking at least 10,000 steps a day (I wear a pedometer), and the treadmill helps me meet my quota. 

I know, I know, French women don't exercise. They don't have to. They just walk everywhere! Unfortunately, I live in a U.S. suburb, not a city like Paris. And I work from home. My commute in the morning is out of bed, 10 steps to the bathroom, another 10 steps to the kitchen, and 10 steps to my desk. So I need a little help. 

I DO walk the dog and take walks in the neighborhood all the time. But the treadmill helps me clock in a quick 10 minutes here and there, when the weather is bad - or a quick jog before my shower. 

And I've already got my walking shoes. I'm ready to traipse through the streets of Paris and get my 10,000+ steps a day in one of the most magical and enchanting cities of the world. I can't wait! 

Until Paris ...

P.S. It's only three months and 25 days away now!